We happily invite you to be part of ASA-FINLAND. To become a full member of our association, you can register online or you can download, fill and return the Membership Form at one of our meetings. The following conditions should be considered before accepting you to our meeting.
- All the potential applicants must duly fill in the required membership form or Online Registration to express willingness in joining the association.
- The potential aspirant is required to pay a registration fee of 10 euro, as well as other dues, and levy.
- Please check below the classes of membership, the Associate members and honorary members will not pay membership Registration fee during registration.
- Please note that according to our constitution, A person(s) who participate(s) in all association activities but have not fulfilled all registration requirement as stipulated in Section 3.02 (I & 2,) will not be considered as full member of the association and thus, shall not be granted or accorded full membership status or any entitlement contained therein.
- A registered member who has paid his/her registration fee shall be given our guiding code of conduct (constitution) and pin code (password) for access to our website privileged member pages.
- Transferred members: Anybody from other Anambra association in other countries/cities shall present a letter of clearance signed by the chairman and secretary of his former association and thereby exempted from paying the registration fee and other requirements.
Sign up today and our dedicated members will be in contact with you. We cherish your envisaged impact on humanity & Anambra State. and we believe once you become our member you can check out how you can help support or improve our great association the one big happy family where brotherhood, love and unity cannot be compromised.
The membership of Anambra State Association is open to all Anambra indigenous citizens resident in or around Finland. Membership number shall be unlimited. The classes of membership are described below:
- Full membership (all Igbo people of Anambra extraction):- All Anambra citizen(s) who is (are) resident in Finland is(are) eligible to apply as a full member of the association. ***Citizen(s) as referred above is a person(s) or individual(s) born or married to an Anambrarains or who by marriage or the implication of mixed marriages, has an either Anambrarian father or mother or is born and naturalized in Anambra State.
- Associate Membership: –This class of membership is open to a person(s) who are not of Anambra origin and do not meet conditions set forth in article §3(1) but identify themselves with or share the same ideology and objectives of the Association. Associate members may attend meetings and are allowed to participate in union activities except otherwise prohibited by the chairman on the advice of the executive committee. Associate members do not pay dues, they are not eligible to vote or be voted for and shall not receive any full membership entitlements or benefits unless otherwise stated.
- Honorary Membership: – This is a person(s) or entity who makes substantial donations or contributions, such as funds, charitable goods and property to the goodwill of the Association. Or anyone who strongly identify with the goals and aspirations of the union, may at the recommendation of the executive committee, be conferred with honorary membership. Honorary members can participate in the union meetings but have no voting privileges and are not bound by any of the union rules except the rule guiding the meeting of which he or she opted to attend.
- Patron: – The executive board may recommend one or more members(full members and honorary members) to the general house at a regular meeting for designation as Patrons. To qualify as a patron, the individual(s) must have demonstrated a strong identity with causes of the association by their enthusiastic support, financial generosity, useful counsel and leadership. At no time shall the total number of active patrons be more than three (3) of ASA members.
- Inactive/Nominal/Non-Financial member: – A member shall be considered to be a nominal/inactive/non-financial member of the association if:
- He/she has not paid the membership fees or other dues within one year after the expiry date.
- He/she has failed to fulfill the obligations or requirements as stipulated in the constitution and show little or no concern in achieving the association goals and objectives, or without any justifiable reasons, refuses to engage in