Member Benefits & privileges
As a financial and active member of our association, you shall be granted all benefit that the association provides, therefore shall have the following benefits and privileges
- Fundamental Rights
- Right to vote for ASA leaders (Full members only)
- Right to hold ASA office (Full members only)
- Right to serve as an ASA committee chair (Full members only)
- Right to serve as an ASA committee member
- Right to be recognized/to receive ASA awards without bias of religion, sex, tribe or gender.
- Right to be visited in good or bad circumstance (Marriage, Child delivery, Sickness, death, anniversary and other events)
- Right to be given any entitlement mapped out for such event defined in Section 15.01
- Honoring of invitations by the Union on social events if invited officially
- The association shall defend the rights of members of the Association through legal means when necessary.
- Group Insurance Policy
- Loan Scheme for Members
- Child birth:
On the event of a child birth / Naming ceremony of a member and the Union is officially informed, the Union will send delegate to visit the family either in the hospital or at home as may be preferred by such member. The delegate will present gift worth fifty euro (€50) to the family.
- Child dedication / naming ceremony:
A financial member’s child naming ceremony, whereby the Union is officially invited, the Union will attend in group, sing, dance and present to the family a gift of a fifty euro (€100). Each member is entitled to only one visit.
Birthday of a child of a member, the child will be given 100 euro once for every child
A marriage involving a financial member if officially informed to the Union will be attended in a group. The Union will sing and dance for the married couple. The Union will present a gift of cash of a two hundred euro (€200). Individual members may as well present their own gifts to the married couple.
If some reasons a financial member falls sick and is hospitalized, it is the duty of the Union to delegate some members to visit such member from time to time depending on the extent of such stay in the hospital. Provisions and card will be presented to such member not exceeding 50 euro (€50). If on a serious concern involving financial help the Union will meet to deliberate on how much to spend in supporting such member. Such funding should be levied to members as a voluntary support to a member and should be honored.
- In case of death of a financial member, the Union must convey the corpse down to his/her own town in Nigeria provided the family of the deceased member wishes so.
- In achieving this, the union will work hand in hand with ASA Group insurance company or insurance of the family of the deceased to gather enough resources that will facilitate in carrying out the last respect to our membership. The family will be presented with a condolence support of (€1500)
- If a financial member is bereaved of either of his or her parents, the union shall perform a condolence visit by designating two to three members to visit the bereaved. he Union will present a gift of cash of a hundred euro (€500)
- If a financial member is bereaved of either of his or her brother or sister, the union shall perform a condolence visit by designating two to three members to visit the bereaved. he Union will present a gift of cash of a hundred euro (€250)
- If a financial member is bereaved of either of his or her son, daughter or wife, the union shall perform a condolence visit by designating two to three members to visit the bereaved. he Union will present a gift of cash of a hundred euro (€1000)
- HARD WORKING MEMBER:
Any member/members, who distinguish himself/herself/themselves through hard work towards the uplifting of the Union’s objectives and ideals will be rewarded through the consultation of the Executive Board in cash or kind for example (awarding certificate).
- Provide Legal and Family Matters
- Provide Care and Welfare
LIMITED RIGHTS OF A NON-FINANCIAL/NOMINAL/INACTIVE MEMBER
- The nominal members or non-financial member, shall have a limited right in matters concerning the association, therefore
- he/she shall not have right to vote during general meetings.
- he/she shall not hold any office.
- he/she shall not be accorded member privileges or basic rights (e.g.) if there is member benefit accorded to financial members in any event organized by the organization.
- he/she shall cease to be a member after two years of absence or failed dues.
- In this case, he/she will re-register as a new member and will be considered as one in relations to all rules guiding new members.
- The non-financial member may be visited by members in event defined in Section 14.02 (4 & 5) but not as a union and the entitlement may not be given to such non-financial member.